Monday, July 19, 2010

A short graphic novel: Smile and say, Random!

I have been in CA for a month now...I thought I would be here for only a few weeks, but because I am not one who plans, shoot, fire, aim, things are working out differently then I had anticipated. I am spending July 2010 soaking up the California sun, and as you may know by now, vending on the Venice Boardwalk. It began a little rocky. It is tough to sell your idea in a hot second. But now that I have some practice, I am making "smiles" of progress...

But before the Venice update, I have made big changes in the website department. It is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but I always assumed that it took years of learning and studying or lots of moola before you could build your own site. I was wrong. I used a free online service called "Weebly." I takes time. A lot of time. But it was for sure worth it.
See what I am talking about: www.LondonKaye.com

In the online Store, I sell Smile Bands. They are stretchy bands that you can wear around your wrist, as a headband, or in a million different ways. They come in all colors of the rainbow!










































And now, back to Venice. Smile Bands are what I have been selling on the boardwalk. And when I say selling, I mean, giving away for free. It did not start that way, but I was not feeling the whole, making people pay idea. That is not what this is about. It is such a blast giving something to people because they shared some happiness. It is a win-win situation when it comes to fun. But when it comes to making a profit, it is not so win-win. BUT, that is alright. I am in the process of growing my online store. It is going to feature some SWEET items, so stay tuned for that one. But back to the beach.




I have learned so much on the Venice Boardwalk. People come in waves. It is crazy how much it helps to have just one person stop and talk to me. They do not even have to participate in the project, just by having someone stand by my table will attract 3, 5, 15 people. People like other people. I have decided to post my top 5 favorite photos from my weekend on the Boardwalk. I took over 400, so picking a top 5 is a challenge. Here are the Cream of the Crop.

#5






















#4





















#3






















#2






















#1






















It is hard to pick my favorite. But I did. There is one more photo - let's call it, most talented non-finalist. I love everything about it! I am not a Rob Pattinson fan, however, I am a fan of this photo!






















To sum it up, I have had a great time spreading happiness on the boardwalk. My next stop is, half way between here and tomorrow. I do not know where I am headed next, but I will figure it out. Until then, I will be continuing to make progress in areas that require a home and not a passport. I sure do miss getting my passport stamped.

One thing that will always make me smile, is getting a new stamp in my passport.

I just came up with that one. There will be a new Dose of Happiness and blog update tomorrow. I am back baby!

www.LondonKaye.com

No comments:

Post a Comment