Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Pepsi Refresh Roundup

As I have mentioned a few times on this blog, I have been working on an application for the Pepsi Refresh Project. You could begin submitting applications last night at Midnight Eastern Time, and I had mine ready to go!






















It was 9:01 in CA and I pressed submit and boom - a message popped up onto my screen: We are full. You can save your application and enter next month. I found a phone number on the website and called, they were closed. So this morning I woke up and immediately dialed the number again. They told me that it was no computer glitch, but in fact, the Pepsi Refresh Project fills up within the first 30 seconds. Who Knew!?! Not Me.

I put a lot of work into my application because winning a $50,000 grant to continue my Smile Project would be incredible. I have always liked to test my luck, it is fun. So I am going to submit my Pepsi Refresh Project to this blog. You never know who may stumble upon the post...

Here it is - London O'Donnell's Pepsi Refresh Project Application:
July 1, 2010.





Describe your Project Plan -
Smile: I'm positive you'll love this! I am creating an online network that focus' on what makes people smile. I began this project during my senior year at NYU to prove that our generation and the world in general is far more positive than the media portrays. Since my graduation in May, I started traveling the world creating smile videos that show young people everywhere loving life. Now I need your help to keep spreading the happiness. I am going to cities across the USA broadcasting everything there is to smile about. The time is now because the 24/7 mainstream media provides us with an overwhelming amount of American negativity, and I am positive that people are far more happy than we are being led to believe, and perception becomes reality. I am making change by building a network of entertaining people and content that makes people smile! It is time for the next generation to show that we are positive about the future. Just because the stock market is down, doesn't mean we are.

*There is a 1,000 character limit, I used 997.

You can make a video if you so choose...and of course, I choose.




As you can see from the video above, I am in need of better equipment. Which brings me to the budget and the other aspects of the application that I am not posting to the blog.

Pepsi missed out on this one. But you didn't - If you are looking to invest in a winner of an idea - EMAIL ME! SmileSponsor@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment