Thursday, July 22, 2010

American Apparel Outlet. Downtown, LA

Legalize Immigration is American Apparel's tag line. I went to the warehouse today in Downtown, LA. Right when we arrive there was a swarm of workers flooding out of the front door. I overheard someone saying that there are over 5,000 employees that work there daily. The president of the happening hipster company has gotten press for being an activist when it comes to legalizing immigration. It just makes me wonder how a corporation as large as American Apparel can get away with hiring illegal immigrants. Not saying he does, just stating my observation.












I was at the warehouse today because I am in the process of growing my online store. I will be making up my first batch of t-shirts to sell, and I am hoping things will keep on moving quickly and in the right direction. I got 36 shirts total, and I am going to attempt to make an at home silk screen. At this very moment it seems like my best option. Tomorrow things could change. In addition to my shirt order, I got one white leotard. Something that I have always wanted to dabble in, is leotard design. I know that may sound odd, but odd can be good. The leotard I got today, I will be taking and making into my own personal creation. We will see how it goes. I will make sure to post a picture when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment