Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunburnt to the MAX

I do not burn easily, so I was a little surprised when I discovered my back being a bright red color yesterday evening. The sunburn is because of the 2 full days that I spent working on the Venice Boardwalk.





My booth is up and running, and things are going really well! It is fun being out there during the day, meeting new people and seeing all of the crazy shenanigans that happen constantly.

People are liking the free portion of the booth - where you can write "what makes you smile" on a white board and then a photo is taken and uploaded to facebook. It is kind of hard to keep this PG-13, or even R, when you're dealing with people on the boardwalk...but I try my best to encourage lighthearted answers. A TON of people begin by writing EDC (it is stands for the Electric Daisy Carnival - you leave there loving colors, and my booth looks like a rainbow and skittles had a baby so it makes sense that it attracts people with that "passion?") Luckily, they usually erase it after thinking about the question a little longer, and in my head I say, "Thank You Child." Here are a few photos from this weekend.







































Please note the baby on his shoulders.

























































The smile bands that I am selling are also getting a good response which is unexpected and awesome! I am wearing the colored bands around my wrist and as a headband - I do not look too happy in this photo, but it shows what I am selling.



I will be back out on the boardwalk staring on Wednesday. I need to get some sort of tent type of cover though to block out the sun. Costco perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. Go to a camping store and get a shade cover sort of half-tent. I saw them at Sports Chalet. Or pop-ups are always good if they are allowed there.

    ReplyDelete