Saturday, June 19, 2010

Do Some Good!

On July 1st I will be submitting my application for the Pepsi Refresh Challenge.

What is the Pepsi Refresh Challenge? I am so glad you asked.



Every month, Pepsi gives grants to people and business' with ideas that will have a positive impact. You submit an application to the website, and then people like you have the opportunity to vote for the ideas that they like best.

I could not take advantage of this sooner because my project was being executed outside of the USA. Now that I am in the USA, I will be putting all of my effort into snagging one of the $50,000 grants.

The idea I am submitting is slightly different than my overall concept, because I am looking for funding in a few specific areas.

The "idea" is: I want to create a website documenting the happiness of college students across America.

From August until December I will be taking a road trip across the USA getting this generations view on happiness. All of the students that I interview will become part of an interactive website that shows the happiness of the young people in the country.

**I am looking for suggestions. So if you have any thoughts on how to improve the idea, please share. Either as a comment on this blog, or through email: smilesponsor@gmail.com

The website will also continue to have all of the features that it does now, and my concept is remaining the same. For a few months I am simply focusing on a specific generations point of view.

Side note: I looked up what generation I am in. I really did not know, and I was shocked at what I found.

Thank you Yahoo Answers -

There are multiple generation names for your group.

The Most Popular:
Generation Y
Millennials

Less common:
Google generation
Gamers generation
MySpace generation
Internet generation
The MyPod generation
Zeds/Zees
iGeneration
The corporation generation
Echo Boom (Generation McGuire)


* Less Common has a few winners.



This is the Pepsi Refresh Challenge: http://www.refresheverything.com/index

Check it out! I will be submitting my idea July 1st, and when I do, PLEASE VOTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment