Friday, May 21, 2010

Get in a bus and GO!

This was a Day O' Fun! I went on a tour of Windsor Castle, the city of Bath, and Stonehenge. It began at 8:45 AM and we left from the busy Victoria train station in central London. It took only 30 minutes to get to our first destination, Windsor Castle. It is a Castle that is for sure. 30 acres of gardens just for the Queens leisure.

Quick fun fact: Harrods - the famous department store in London - was just sold for 1.5 Billion pounds!!! Which is about 2 Billion Dollars. DUDE! Also, apartments around there will run you close to $35 Million Dollars!

Back to the castle. I met my first friend of my trip on this tour, a nice boy from Kansas who had just graduated from college as well. We bonded over the hilarious Changing of the Guards ceremony. It was quite funny because the big, strong military men were playing flutes, doing little penguin shuffles, and wearing leopard print.






















The next stop on the tour was to the city of Bath. Bath was originally a spa resort for the Romans in 43 AD. It has natural hot springs that are rumored to have healing powers. I touched the water, even though you are not supposed to, and it was HOT. And I love hot water, so I would have for sure been a Bath regular if I was a Roman living in 43 AD.

















The last stop of the tour was Stonehenge.

















Obviously aliens did it. Although while walking around I overheard a man say "It was the Chinese" - his words not mine. All that is at Stonehenge is the ruins and a gift shop, so you take a picture then peace, but nonetheless, it was great to see! Also, by the end of the tour I had met a few more people, all americans around my age, so that was a plus!


















Later that night, I had my first London Nightlife Experience. It was pretty wild. The four of us went to a London Karaoke Bar and everyone who sang that night was good enough to be professional singers! When these british folk take the stage, they dominate the stage and sing their hearts out. A live band was behind them playing every song...that was unexpected and really cool. Another thing about this Karaoke Bar is that it was not just filled with young 20 somethings, it had people between the ages of 21 - 65 all thoroughly enjoying the singing and all having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment