Friday, May 28, 2010

Camden Market

I took a short trip up to Camden Town. This place is punk central. It reminds me exactly of St. Marks Street in NYC but instead of it just being one block between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, it is the size of the whole East Village!





































The streets are lined with tattoo parlors, shoe stores, souvenir shops, smoke shops, sunglass huts, and every type of ethnic cuisine imaginable.

Every food station is begging for business. They all hand out samples and try to entice the people walking by to going into their food hut. Yes, all of the places serving food are located inside of huts. What is nice is that every one charges the same price for a meal. Which makes it that your taste buds do the choosing, not your wallet! After walking around for a while I finally choose a place to spend my 4 pounds. I got some Thai Food, and I could not have been more satisfied with my decision.

Next I went into the famous CAMDEN MARKET.


















I thought it was anticlimactic. After walking around the actual town, going into a tented area with clothes, clothes, and more clothes was boring. Everyone in there was selling different goods, but mostly it was just I heart London shirts.






















** Before I leave London I think I am going to get one. At first I was not for this, but now, I am warming up to it.

I did get a book in Camden. It is a British psychology book and so far I have learned that I am an EXTREME EXTROVERT - but I kind of already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment